July President’s Update
There is no program planned for the July meeting. Just a nice lunch with some sea stories. If anyone has a book they would like to review with the group just let me know. The last several meetings have been a bit ragged with the food service at the Spaghetti Warehouse. I will be discussing with them how we can move things along better. It is important that we finish to allow those who work to be able to get out by 1PM.
The Chapter picnic will be held August 4th. Some details
- The Picnic will be 12 to 4 at Parker’s Landing Historical Park-Rose Arbor Camas/Washougal.
- Price $20 per person, 10 for children 8-12 and free for children under 8 (max $60 per family)
- Meal will be catered and drinks (Beer/Wine/ soda/lemonade will be provided (This is new}
- The location is a lovely family friendly park so alumni with children or grandkids should come and enjoy.
- Payment will be made by the attendee prior to the event. (This is important as we need to be able to give the caterer a fairly accurate head count).
To assist we have set up paypal (paypal.me/USNAORSWWAAA).
People can also pay by cash/check:
Check made out to USNA Alumni Association OR SW WA Chapter, send to:
The Picnic should be a fun get together at a kid friendly park with a wonderful view. Please contact any alumni in the area who is either not active or is working and cannot usually attend our monthly events.
There are some upcoming Navy Football events posted on our website. Specifically trips to games in Hawaii and San Diego.
Mike Carmichael CDR USN Ret.
« June President’s Update