- Please vote as soon as possible in the Western Regional Trustee election for the Alumni Association Board of Trustees. I won’t tell you how to vote, but I will point out that Steve Hall has done a good job in his first term: worked with alumni association to change the website platform for alumni chapters, classes and special interest groups and supported the chapter in updating to the new website platform. Also, his opponent is from the San Diego chapter – which already will have a member on the board as one of the nine large chapters. If the candidate from San Diego wins, San Diego will in essence have double representation on the board. The candidate trustee out of San Diego this three year term is actually one of my classmates.
- Our March meeting is at 1130 on 14 March at the Old Spaghetti Factory. We have had another last minute cancellation of our program, so at this writing we don’t know what the replacement for the VA update will be. The VA update will be in April.
- The April meeting will be 11 April. Chapter elections will occur at that meeting. If you want to throw your hat in the ring for either secretary or vice president please let us know ASAP. As referred to in paragraph 2, the VA update may also occur at that meeting.
- The chapter picnic will be in a new format and location this year on 4 August 2018. Please stay tuned. But in the meantime, there will be a special Council meeting on 5 May devoted to the picnic. If you want more information or would like to help, think about attending that meeting. There will be more information about the meeting later. We again give our thanks to the Kohls and Bewicks for hosting and sponsoring the event for so many years.
- Jim Hough had a good suggestion for short notice programs when we have last minute cancellations as has occurred this month. He suggested that anyone who feels inclined to be able to discuss a favorite military history book with minimum notice/preparation time. If you would like to be on a list of such standby program presenters, please let the vice president Mike Carmichael know.
- John Adams will be running the 9 May meeting because both Mike Carmichael and I will be in Annapolis that week.
March President’s Update